Friday, August 05, 2005

Breaking down the B.L.O.G.

Hello all,

Sorry for posting the blog so late…it’s about 3:20 PM eastern time. As promised, this blog will chronicle the specifics of the site and other little intricacies. First off, I’m going to answer a question that I’ve been asked a number of times in opening up B.L.O.G., and that question is:

What is a blog?

Well, Merriam-Webster Online states that a blog (short for weblog) is a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer.

That’s exactly what Black Love One Growth is…it’s an avenue for yours truly (and future moderators) to express ourselves on relevant topics. Concerning the frequency of those topics…they will be posted every week, and addressed during that same period of time. Hopefully I’ll be able to gain 2 or 3 in-depth posts in addition to my weekly post, so that you guys just don’t see my perspective all the time (but that wouldn’t be so bad, ha? :-P). In addition, I’ll also post 1-2 sports reports a week, and a few poems that I write from time to time. Yes, there will be a lot going on in this little space called BLOG.

Another question that was asked was how I came up with the name ‘Black Love, One Growth’.

Concerning the name, my intention was not to create an inclusive atmosphere by implying that this would be a ‘black site’; certainly, that would limit the growth aspect of this website, as well as its relevance. I will say that the bulk of the topics and how they are addressed will be from a black male, meaning that my responses will be true to life in how they are relevant to Afro-Americans, and seen through a black man’s eyes. In addition, I feel that there are a number of problems that can be frequently addressed through such venues as these, and in working out problems with the black community, the newfound knowledge and unity can be used in the uplifting of the human race as a whole. Invariably, there will be a bias, but not so much of one that I won’t be able to see and receive feedback from those of you taking a vested interest in the site. I find that, concerning race relations, as well as other pertinent issues of this day, one of the central problems I find with the average Joe or Jane is that they are terribly misinformed. The power of this site is to give information to those that are willing to hear it, and also to hear feedback so that we know how you feel about the world around you, as well as a buffer to see if what is said on this site is truly of substance and validity. That being said, I invite one and all to the Black Love One Growth website.

For those of you that read the first post, you may recall that it started out with some verses from the 2nd chapter of 2nd Timothy. I was inspired to read this passage in-depth, ironically enough on my 22nd birthday, and on the eve of the development of this site. I find that piece of scripture to be significant because it was one of the last letters Timothy received from his mentor Paul, and the scripture serves as a template and direction to what he would expect and how he should conduct himself as a soldier of Christ. Being a representative of that same faith, I looked at 2 Tim. 2 as a foundation for things to come.

Well, I hope that the aforementioned cleared up a lot for you guys, and I hope to see you guys here on Monday when the first topic is presented and addressed. Always love,

The Good Doctor

P.S. For the person who left the comment about thinking of 100 random facts about myself, I got to 43. Hopefully I’ll come up with another 57 by the end of the week :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE
LOVE LOVE LOVE
LOVE LOVE LOVE
LLLLOOOOVVVEEE

All you need is LOVE
All you need is LOVE
All you need is LOVE
Love
LOVE is all you need

It's easy....

I'm feeling the BLOG and wish you well in making something that counts. Can't wait to see the 1st "topic"!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home