Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Poem "How Do I Prefer My Racism"

Hello all,

Well, here's the poem as promised:

First of all
I don’t prefer racism
Just another schism
We use in a capitalistic system
Don’t like glass ceilings or rectangular prism
In this rat race chase for bread
Ignorance is force-fed by mouth
So knowledge has to serve as tic-tacs in the south
Where you forced to live fast
Get high and die faster
Some 400 years later
And we still serving master
But maybe that’s prejudice
Maybe then one doesn’t consider the evidence
Of MLKs or H. Rapp Brown’s
Or when they burned the church down
I never forget history
Remember knowledge is tic-tacs
But memories are Listerine
Don’t want to eat what bigots feed me
So serve my portions equally
Eracism
I want to see fears disappear
Shot off into the stratosphere
Towards the final frontier
Not to interact with another alien race
Maybe the time in space
Will serve to dissipate the hate
That’s how I quote en quote prefer
I prefer dreams not be deferred
By those that would rather see us in Madagascar
Or even by chasing cars or material stars
I want to see us as humans do our very best
But even now I digress
The question was:
How do I prefer my racism?
I prefer it
Consistently nonexistent
Persistent in deliverance
Conquered and detained
Not even water on the brain
Where it can seep into a sub-conscious
Knock you unconscious
And you wake up believing such a disease can be a constant
Fighting over melanin content
With evil intent
Time not so well spent
Instead
When I eat meat and bread
I’d rather not be served dirty looks
From waiters, patrons, and cooks
Go read a book
--Love is the remedy--


Take care folks,
The Good Doctor

Oh yeah, those of you looking for the Tiger blog will see it on tomorrow. Take care all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poem is awesome, DK, awesome.

I figured this would be most close to relevant topic to digress, but Late Registration is must listen. If you got 9.99, you Best Buy it. If you don't, then bootleg it...you'll probably buy it later.

HOT son, HAWT. Except for The Game, who only does a hook. I hate professional, gifted rappers who only do hooks. Any ----- can do a hook. But I digress from my digression(that a word?) from the poem. Awesome.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home