Thursday, September 29, 2005

Creepin' on the Come-Up :-)

Hey e'rebody,

Just had to tell you guys about my day. As you guys well know, I'm a full-time sportswriter, and today was definitely the best day of work ever. I was fortunate enough to be able to speak with Troy Williamson, wide receiver for the Minnesota Vikings. It was a great opportunity, and yo, everything is everything right now, or insert your own celebratory speak there. Overjoyed like Stevie Wonder right now. Troy's a nice dude, and he actually went to high school in our news coverage area, Silver Bluff High School in Jackson, SC, to be exact, and is doing big things with alma mater teammate and safety Corey Chavous. Williamson caught a 53-yard TD pass from Daunte Culpepper (2 weeks ago, ya'll didn't want him on our fantasy teams, now he hot, ya'll all on him), and is a real humble dude. Let me tell you guys, I really needed that boost, because I'm in the process of moving out of my crib after a heated dispute with my pops...details not pending. What happened isn't so important as much as a brotha getting out and making things happen for himself. Today's interview confirmed that, and all blessings go to God.

(singing 'it's such an incredible feeling', ha ha ha)

That's what trips me out about life sometimes, it's like a streak of good things will happen to us, and we'll ride that wave, but something bad will happen, or things will try to oppress us and we just fall off; sit there and cry over the 'spilt' milk instead of cleaning it up, and moving on. I guess that's my thing, staying tough and not letting the bad things bog me down so much that I miss out on the good things coming over the horizon. Well, I'm off to find another streak of good things, or rather, work to make that streak happen. Prayers and blessings continually to the world we live in...can't say that enough and it never becomes too trite to say. Love you peoples,

The Good Doctor

Oh yeah, the EWF lyrics were changed in the last post...for the classic 'Pure Gold'. Read those, and let the lyrics motivate you as much as they motivate me. Love you guys and take care. I should be 'blogging out' on a particular topic real soon, or maybe drop some poems. I'm making time guys, look at me now...~1~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home