Thursday, September 29, 2005

Stuff on My Brain

Hey e'rybody,

Hope everybody's doing alright out there...it's about three in the morning, and I remember that I hadn't updated the site. So here I am reloading the matrix...hope you guys enjoy. Man, I need to make a schedule so that I make the time to update at least twice a week...much love to e'rebody that comes to the site at least twice a week...got love for ya'll...

Anyway, I'm going to shoot this blog from the hip...well, not so much. It is called 'stuff on my brain', after all. First things first, I gotta give you guys this link...it's Michael Brown's resume...you know, from FEMA fame. Apparently, FEMA is another homeboy network...so it's just like other gov't agencies :-) Check it out right here ya'll...

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/
nyusfema094417778sep09,0,3221751.story?coll=ny-nationalnews-headlines

Two other links while I'm thinking about them...the Life After Curtiss Drive site is another blog from a friend of mine who is chronicling his life after he left his mother's house...really nice material, and as you read the blog, you can't help but root for dude. The other site is bomanijones.com, a brother from Houston who has a really fun and interesting blog. He also writes on espn.com, so big ups. The Curtiss Drive link is up top, and for Bomani, go to bomanijones.com.

Let's see...Congress is still tripping off steroids while Louisiana still needs gov't love. Don't you understand, John McCain?!?!?! There are bigger issues going on right now. Craziness...but, I know something that's helping me to take my mind off the issues...

Earth, Wind, and Fire. That's right, the elements have come through for a brother. Last Tuesday, EWF dropped their latest album, Illumination, which featured a number of guest stars, and of course, the elements, musicians who are the best with drums EVER. Yeah, I said it. The things they do with drums, and just the African feel that a lot of their hits have had are simply phenomenal and are soul-filling joints. If you don't have 'em, you need to get the Essential Earth Wind and Fire CD, as well as Illumination. Well, my favorite joint off the new new is a song called 'Pure Gold', and if it was up to me, I'd make a new EWF greatest hits CD with this song on it.
(Just thinking...if you don't feel this is 'relevant', or that this particular blog entry is kinda like my man Jig's RomanceXpress site, forget ya'll...truth is the purging of the soul and true expression is always relevant. Let's get some stuff off our chest and say what's on our minds. Acknowledge your frustrations so that a solution can be found. No doubt...)

But yeah, the chorus to "Pure Gold":

Ooh your life is special (really special, yeah)
Your treasure lies in your soul
Truth in life will bless ya (really bless ya)
Riches come and go
Only love is pure gold

Best song I've heard all year. Yep, better than anything from Kanye or Common. Sorry folks. You're welcome to send your complaints :-)

Well I'm heading off. Promise u guys though it's not gonna take me a week to update, plus I gotta tell you all about this crazy month. Take care and God Bless,

The Good Doctor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home