Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Precursor to Lost Art

Hey everybody,

Just so everyone knows what I’m talking about, go to the last blog (entitled King Day Blog), and go to the comments. Peep out ashleyfamu’s comment, and you’ll see that I’m all for having a CSK day, or Coretta Scott King Day. Well, sort of. What I think should happen is that on every third Monday of January, we should celebrate “King Day”, and celebrate the achievements of both the good doctor, and also the first nurse. Good look lil’ homey.

Interesting week for me here, let me tell you…I was fortunate enough to experience my first signing day at work, and it was a pretty cool experience. For those of you guys that don’t know how National Signing Day rolls, basically, the stellar high school athletes sign with the college of their choice on this day. Well, we had a guy that I’ve become pretty cool with sign with Florida State, and it was a nice occasion for him and all of Wednesday’s signees. Proud of you all, I am.

Well, I want to tell everybody why I called this blog the “Precursor to Lost Art.” Basically, my upcoming poem ‘Lost Art’ (sorry to make J. Dot and Snuggles wait for some new-new) is a poem about my hiatus from writing poetry, and I feel like it’s a defining piece in my life. It’s something that has a lot to do with me not writing, and how the busyness of the day-to-day hinders the writing sometimes, but it’s about so much more as well. I hope you guys enjoy it, and I don’t think I’ll make you guys wait a week to read it. Hopefully I’ll be able to post some pics from Signing Day as well, just so you guys can see how it was. Be back soon,

The Good Doctor

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Florida State booooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo.
That is all.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home