Friday, November 04, 2005

It's Friday night...

Hey everybody,

Just sending out a quick post before I head to the high school game of the year, Aiken at South Aiken. For those of you guys who didn't read the 'Praying for the Enemy' blog, this is where I feel it's really going to come to life. My alma mater versus my homeboy Cal. Should be a classic, like most years. At any rate, Ram, Ashley, and Iceman, I haven't forgotten about your requests, and I'm working on them, just like I'm working on Roses Revolt...just, I've spent the past week working like crazy at the job. Loving it, especially since a brother has a good grasp on it. From what I'm hearing from most of you guys, it seems like everybody has their dream job; doing what they want for a living. If you're not doing that right now, guess what, your time is coming reallllll soon, so keep your head up and keep grinding. Ummm, but yeah Iceman, Mike Tyson and Bobby Brown just got inducted into the Joe Clair Hall of Fame...and will be picking up their coon awards from Paul Mooney. :-) Oh yeah, but before I go, I gotta tell you guys about a conversation I had...well, let me give you guys the long story short. I am not a racist, much like in the way Ralph Wiley isn't a racist. I'm a versatile dude, blessed to be able to mix it up with folks on a lot of levels. I'm saying that because no matter what you think of the title of this site, or the matter I speak on, it's done to put knowledge on folks' heads, whether it's PC or not. Just had to say that because my ultimate hope is that we become one as a race. That being said, it's a lot of injustices everywhere, not just in this country...peep the Sudan or the aftermath of the Asia quakes. People are struggling, and it's important that those of us with a little strength do what we can to empower the masses. You guys take care and enjoy your weekend.

The Good Doctor

Oh yeah, must-read book for you guys...Ralph Wiley's 'Why Black People Tend to Shout'. I IMPLORE YOU GUYS to read this book. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home