Friday, July 28, 2006

The Original



Hello everyone,

Will the real Michael Jackson stand up?
Will the real MICHAEL JACKSON stand up?!?!?!?!??!?!

Had a thought this week...(other than wanting to name this blog "For Fake :-D" )



Why spend 9.99 on the new Pharrell, when I could have...



For 14.99?!?!?!??!

Yes, 14.99. Why have someone imitating Mike when I could have the original/speaking of MJ's/it's something about those initials...

Yeah, I bought a Pharrell CD once...ironically enough, Clones...and it wasn't bad. It seemed like back then he wasn't trying to sound like Mike either...hard to say though, looking back.

It's just that I hear "Number One" and hear a megamix of "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" and "Rock With You". Or I hear Pharrell on this "Margarita" song with Sleepy Brown and hear a more upbeat "Off the Wall".

Seriously though, the music...man, the music. Ya'll know it's slackin'.

Still waiting for a summer jam here,
The Good Doctor

P.S. — My girl Cyndy says she likes Corrine Bailey Rae. Hmmmmm....I'll peep that, but right now "Human Nature" has the world on lock...See that girl/she knows I'm watching/she likes the way I stare...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, I'm smiling.

Love.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Randomness alert*

At first I was just going to send this to you, the sports buff, but I figure people need to know I'm a little more than abstract jokes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=playingforpeace

A story about teenagers in war-stricken zones just trying to play a little basketball, and try to enjoy life a little more than shooting a stranger.

I didn't finish reading it yet, so I bookmarked it.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...ya'll need to calm down.

Naw naw, just wilin'...

I actually saw the link on espn.com, but didn't think to check it out...I'll give it a look though. Thanks for the knowledge,

The Writer of this Blog

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey K,

As an MJ aficionado, I must wholeheartedly concur with your assessment of the rebirth of the "Thriller" and "Off the Wall" albums. (I know you like all those big words, don't you :)) And it's not just Pharrell...Omarion and Ne-yo have singles out now that sound like MJ also. Apparently originality is hard to come by these days...

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home