Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Losing It

“It’s not hard to be an artist, it’s just a matter of how honest you are with yourself and the canvas,” – The Good Doctor

See, and for a minute there, I thought I was losing it.

I almost had *gasp* writer’s block.

I know, I know, I know. You? YOU?!?!?!??! Good Doctor, who always has something to say in real-time, couldn’t even think of anything to say with time to think?

It was almost that way. I guess that’s what I get for neglecting the Blizzle.

Blizzle, BLOG, Black Love, One Growth, call it what you will.

First of all, let me say I’m grateful for the gifts.

The gifts that God’s given me, and the gift of friendship.

Friendship?

Yeah, Friendship.

Think about this for a sec.

We all have friends that will end conversations by saying “Call Me”, or something of that nature.

But how many friends do you have that say something like, “I’ll Call You?”

I thought the heck out of that the other day, and man, the numbers are low.

That being said, I don’t want to make this about the associates. This is about my Friends.

I was talking to a Friend of mine the other day, and it seems that we’ve become a society that looks for love (aside from the wrong place) in the opposite direction of those that show the most affection to them.

What we have, in turn, is the effect you get when you have a bunch of unconnected railroad tracks; no connectivity, and a whole lot of crashes and chaos.

This realization also inspired more thought; thoughts of how I chased Jane (you remember Jane, don’t you) so vigorously while Lady L (c’mon, it hasn’t been that long) had more than MAD LOVE for the Writer of this Blog.

The “House of Cards” poem for Lady L felt like a happy medium, and that’s what I aspire to achieve; in turn, I don't spend so much time chasing something that I already have nearby.

Focusing on Friends.

Got it?

So do I.

The Good Doctor

Speaking of Friends, maybe we should make the 9 a team blog after the thrilling finale. Any thoughts from you guys out there?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang - I gotta get on that "I'll call you" tip ;-)

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home