Thursday, November 30, 2006

Slowing to a Crawl...

What’s up readers …

It’s about 2:45 a.m. in the morning, and I’m keeping vigil over my grandmother while listening to Cee-Lo’s “Bass Head Jazz”…

Yep, things have slowed to a crawl…

Which, honestly, is how I like it.

Let’s paint some more details…

Grandma (Mom’s mom) is in the hospital because of a broken hip … don’t know the details in their entirety, but what I do know is that I was off today (Wednesday) and the following day, so aside from spending time with Grandma, it allows other family members to rest, which is all good … because everyone knows I don’t sleep, ha ha ha.

Anyway, it’s quiet moments like these where I conjure up some pretty interesting thoughts; it’s only around flowing water that I’m even more creative and reflective than I am now (probably the premise for a future blog, or maybe I’ve mentioned it in the past … )

Anyway, about life slowing to a crawl. In the NFL, it’s often said that a quarterback is most efficient when the game “slows down”, meaning that he’s able to see the field more clearly; not tentative, not frantic, instead making the necessary plays to put his team in a position to win.

I aspire to that type of smooth, you know, the type of smooth that would make Cool Hand Luke’s palms seem clammy by comparison; a business-like approach to life, yet not taking things so seriously that you’re not able to enjoy the blessings of life that God allows us to enjoy at times.

That being said, I guess some folks prefer a faster tempo to their existence, and I’m not saying that I don’t enjoy how frenetic life can be sometimes. It’s just that, I work at a job where deadlines are especially imperative, and on off days like this, I think it’s important that I partake of the alternative.

So, what am I planning with this free time (I’m keeping watch until 6 a.m.)?

Well, you’ll just have to keep reading…

The Good Doctor

P.S. Mom enjoyed a birthday on Nov. 18, and I just realized I didn't let you guys know...well, send your regards nonetheless...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've definitely got your grandmother in my prayers... And Happy Belated B-Day to your Mom!!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home