Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Good Doctor's Wish List

Just some quick thoughts I had at work...

I wish the N-word would die a violent death, I mean, because nothing else seems to work, whether it's trying to match racial epithet for racial epithet, or making peace with the fact that 'oh it's not n---er, it's n---a'. Right. Just, well...kill that noise.

I wish that people were paid according to the work they do, and for what they contribute to their work environment; truth is, everyone isn't talent-laden, but truth is, everyone can be professional, and credit should be given to folks that make your working environment better. Everyone knows of a person that is a sweetheart in the workplace, and then, everyone knows someone who always likes to keep something going.

I wish that people realized that if everyone spent time being concerned about one another, it's obvious that everyone worrying about one's well-being is so much more powerful than someone worrying about themselves.

I wish that parents would really think about their kids before they separate. Kids are resilient, yes, but kids are sensitive as all get-out...adults too for that matter, but at least adults have more control over their situation(s) than kids do.

I wish that race wasn't an issue, but then every time you think it's not, something like the Carmelo Anthony brawl happens, and you realize just how much folks think about race.

I wish that people weren't afraid of revolution. Truthfully, I can't see someone like Dubya having as much power as he does in the 70's...because that era seemed to be full of people that refused to stand idly by when they didn't agree with something.

I wish that people didn't quit. I don't know what hurts worst; watching your favorite sports team quit, or watching a generation of parents give up on their offspring.

I wish...well, I hope that people don't read this blog and think that I'm angry. Hey, I'm just thinking.

Well, we do need more hope, I agree, so...here goes.

I hope that people realize the greatest gift of all doesn't need batteries.

I hope that you look out for that isolated person at your work or wherever you spend your time; hey, everyone's not as happy around the holidays.

I hope that girl at the seafood place keeps smiling (hey, THAT woke you up....)

I hope that 2007 is a lot better than 2006 was.

I hope that you guys keep reading.

The Good Doctor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home