Monday, December 11, 2006

New Poem: Moment of Brilliance

...I wrote a new joint called "Moment of Brilliance", and funny enough, I don't really like it.

I can't explain it...well, actually I can...the premise was good, and the first few lines were good...it's just that I broke the flow of thought...and it ultimately didn't come out the way I wanted it to.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to share it with you guys, though...I mean, it's a learning experience for me, and who's to say that someone out there won't enjoy it and be encouraged by it even though I haved mixed feelings about it.

Anyway, here's a Moment of Brilliance...hope everyone is holding down exam week.

Cocoa Butter
Sitting on a cocoa butter
Colored couch
Feeling like
I’d been looking at life
Through a kaleidoscope
Things so blurred
I was missspelling woords
Forced to see things
Through so many perspectives
Wear so many shoes
But then came you
You made my soul complete
Before the only thing holding
This broken man together
Was his work tie
Which your soft
Sepia hands would pry
My left eye was a lie
That’s why my right
Was slightly undried
She said I was sincere
As she caught a falling tear
It was supposed to be
The other way around
I never had to fight through your defense
That’s why loving you made so much sense
No chasing or being pursued
I see that you also like this mood
I hear your offbeat panting
Thoughts distraught
I hope to do you a favor
Clear up your cough
As long as you’re near me
It is my hope that you will
Speak
Hear
Breathe clearly
And I hope my passages have the same clarity
Meaning love these words
As much as I love
You love
Your significant other
At this moment…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home