Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Quick Hello

The wind whistled off her lips
Effortlessly acknowledging my fingertip
Her actions betray a slightly jaded past
During a time she didn’t think would last

I proved her wrong for the time being
Gave her life so much meaning
And I would tell a lie
If I said she didn’t do likewise

Now, she barely even breaks a sweat
Randomly picking consecutive letters of the alphabet
HI
She must be from the North Pole with such a cold address
But it’s not like I expected anything else

The wind went through her hair
With the same care as her acknowledging me there
The same breeze blows through a hollow soul
Now you see why a loner’s road can be so cold…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This poem makes me sad. :-(

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^^^^Co-sign on that...

A beautiful piece nonetheless. As always, I'm glad to see the Good Doctor's bringing us a new dose...

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home