Friday, June 29, 2007

I Do My Best Work…

…When I’m offline.

Let me repeat that…

OFFLINE.

As much I as enjoy ‘V for Vendetta’, I think ‘The Matrix’ is one of the most profound movies of our generation … just the simple fact that freedom was synonymous with pulling yourself out of the ‘system’ … just pulling yourself out of everyday life … your existence, which can be surreal or downright fake sometimes.

I actually thought about this blog AFTER I decided against picking up my computer earlier and decided to clean up around the house … if I’d gone and picked up the comp, that time would’ve invariably been lost looking at someone else’s blog or something, but I digress.

I decided to clean up, and an immeasurable wave of thoughts come to mind … it was so refreshing, and I’m writing stuff down…

So I clean up, and come across an old DVD … ‘Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory’…

One of the greatest movies of all time … it’s profound as well, I just can’t say it’s a part of my generation. That’s all good, though, the joint is as timeless as Sam Cooke’s “A Change is Gonna Come”, and watching Charlie’s sacrifices lead up to him eventually owning the factory is something that can make any beautiful mind remain hopeful.

I think I get the most done when I actually do things instead of dream about them, as well … not that there’s anything wrong with dreaming, it’s just that, well, I do most of my dreaming when I’m, well, offline…

It’s just that, plugging back into the ‘Real World’ is so painful at times … I was watching Tavis Smiley (the last relevant figure on BET) with my old man, and we were talking about how a couple of folks’ greed are crippling this nation … all with Smiley talking to Don Cheadle about Cheadle’s upcoming movie “Talk to Me” (I’m definitely going to see that) … and I just found myself longing for the freedom that I had earlier.

My apologies if this blog seems random … yet I ask myself why would I apologize for truly being a free writer, truly flowing in a stream of consciousness? What I want to say, then, is when you can’t, keep dreaming, but when you can, keep it moving…

…and I will do likewise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home