Sunday, May 20, 2007

Where I Am

To be honest with you, a place that I’ve been before…

  • Makin' Moves


  • …and am still trying to get away from.

    Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been working hard … just not hard enough.

    And with that, I’ll answer a question from the group:

    If God gives you a talent/skill/etc., is it a burden or a curse? Is being Superman heavy on the shoulders?

    Yes, it is a curse, but only if your talents go unfulfilled or buried in the ground (Matt. 25). Sure, that man had one talent … but if he cultivated that talent, he would’ve, if nothing else, added to his skill set.

    It’s tougher than that though, especially for some of us who are talented and still have to find ways to make ends meet.

    I believe that if you are talented at what you do, and you do what you love, then more often than not, you are happy in and with your work.

    Which is why being talented isn’t a curse.

    Just the thought of knowing that one is talented enough to change their environment might just be acknowledgement of one’s potential, but how great is that type of acknowledgement, you know?

    --------------------------------------

    “I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it” – Morpheus, the Matrix

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home