Friday, April 20, 2007

Suits

(Oh yeah, I'm baaaaaaaaack...)

It starts with 52 cards
I, Ace of Spades, meet you, Queen of Hearts
With a diamond figure as cold as ice
I’m inspired to pull off the biggest heist
Rather, the biggest gambit
Since Remy LeBeau
Your touch makes me forget
So that must make you Rogue

Your pose is vogue
You look mean in green
But I mostly dig your red threads
Earrings dangle
While complementing your angles
And when you throw up the isosceles
It brings a grown man to his knees
Excuse my measurements
What I meant is that
I’m only trying to put you in the right suit
And apparently the apparel that fits you
Is a divine design
Your body tickles the twine
And I hear you laugh to yourself
As I adjust your belt
But we aspire for something spiritual
So we leave the closet for space
You leave the lace
And we try to forget things material

But suitors love the skin you’re in
And apparently mine too
Because they’re trying to get me out of this suit
Don’t confuse, it’s a straight jacket
But why serve and volley with all their racket?
I’d rather hold court with you
A classier Graf and Agassi
Stop by Venus and look at the stars
And I like it when you call me the best thing from Mars
At your best, you are love
And I’m at my best when I write about it
I say your name silent in the night
Because I know it brings Delight
As a young child, I liked your style
And as the river grew, your quiet flow became the Nile

I left my heart with you for a while
And you kept it
But the initial deck disrespected
After all, a spade’s a spade
So it was no surprise all these other men stayed
They thought that our love would fade
But I’m Pharoah to your Nefertiri
And if anyone come near we
They dead in the water
If they cross our borders
They depart in the Red Sea
Baby let your spirit be free
Of married men, pretenders and Trojan War whores
Trying to take my Persephone to their underworld
My passion turned to pure rage
As suitors fell victim to a blade
How dare you treat a goddess like a common girl?

They reached for their last breath
While you reached for my arms
But only one soul found their mark
It’s just odd that after we beat the odds
Get the better of the gods
Our foundation turns out to be a house of cards…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back, K! This one was worth the wait...

"And when you throw up the isosceles/It brings a grown man to his knees"

"As a young child, I liked your style/And as the river grew, your quiet flow became the Nile"

I'm feeling this one!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Coko Mulan said...

i love this!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home