Thursday, September 21, 2006

Love Tangent

Put this message in a bottle
And watch it sail across the Atlantic
A way to expend this mischievous energy
Figure I’ll let you see the inner me
And how you respond accordingly
Every conversation we have is timeless
Saved on my mental so I can rewind it
When we first met we drew lines in the sand
Those turned out to be love tangents
Now I’m your man
And there’s a thin line between love and lust
But that line blurred in the high tide now hush
I mean speak up I can’t hear you
I got love on my brain
Drip drip
Drip
Drip drip
That boy a trip
Momma loved him too much as child
Momma loved him too much
That’s wild
Ain’t no such thing like
Simplicity complexion
Simplicity complexion
No don’t mind you if you two-toned
That let me know you got a lot goin on
Golden brown
From your crown to the bottom of your feet
Gotta be the Count real fast stop the beat
Let me count the ways
Lips
Hips
Tips
Toes
Nose
Hair
Air
Legs
Head
Hands
How you treat a man
Neck
Got nothing but respect
Feet
Do you hear that beat
I already see Tabia shaking that thang
Don’t matter if u hip-hop or you got that twang
Swang with the hula hoop or in the set
Need a swoosh like Nike I’ll push you bet
All the world’s a stage or a playground
Downtown
James Brown
Ask why old school is my preference
I’m a sucker for love so that’s a good reference
Take the Keys of Life and mix ‘em with the elements
A river walk where me and you can talk
Softer than cocoa butter lotion massages
Wherever’s clever or the most erogenous
Did I say that?
No inhibitions here
Keep Shyguys on SMB2
If you look at me I won’t do like Boo
Please I’m looking back
With these big brown portals
Wink and the gun to throw off the mortals
Lookie here
She grinnin’ from ear to ear
Made those tears disappear
Now the only thing that flows is rainbows
Laced in her luscious hair
Don’t matter what style
Whether she got it long or nat-u-ral
Because you don’t have to burn out for me baby
Hope that didn’t make you stratch your head like crazy
Allow me to be your relaxer
Boo bear love muffin sugar honey sweet miss
Pet names fun and games always the same bliss
For a queen…eh eh empress I’m trying to impress
Who’s next?
Let me stop
Yes you again
One time for a broken record
Let the DJ spin
Ahem broken record
Every time I want to be better than the last stage
Guinness Book finna run outta pages
Friend first
Those words that started this whole candy spree
You and me
Now a brotha so focused
Gotta call this one the good doctor’s opus
Orchestrated better than the latest Ocean scheme
Woven reality from a string of my dreams
I mean, from snippets of my love I made reel affection
Roll that beautiful queen footage
Do it in one take
Agape crepes
Furniture dessert to go with the drapes
Love is the action that shaped
Past present and future times
Made out of a few lines
Let’s recline…

The Good Doctor

5 Comments:

Blogger Shug said...

HOT!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*orders ten copies of your book of poetry in advance*

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the good doctor never disappoints... keep that coming, man...

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, Doc!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Shai said...

Whew! Fiyah! Got me all worked up. LOL.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home