Thursday, September 07, 2006

Kickoff...

Hello everyone,

Enjoying yet another off-day at the crib…actually posting this blog as I’m watching the NFL Opening Kickoff game between the Steelers and Falcons. Tonight, I’m going to post some a list of things that will invariably be brought up during the course of the season…

1. The issue of Reggie Bush.

Now ladies, I know that you all love Reggie, and for what it’s worth, he may be the next Gale Sayers (which, I’m sure doesn’t matter much to you all).

Sadly, I have a little beef with Mr. Bush, and I’ll explain why for all the readers.

First of all, ladies, Mr. Bush plays for the New Orleans Saints. Now, don’t get me wrong, I hope the best for New Orleans, concerning the rebuilding and all, but I don’t think if the Saints go 12-4, it’s going to do much in the way of the city’s success, especially with Ray ‘Nag(g)in Foot-in-Mouth problem’ as the mayor…but I digress.

The Saints, and my beloved Carolina Panthers are division rivals.

That’s right…contemptuous foes. That means, and I know I’ll hear comments on this, I kinda hope that Reggie literally breaks a leg during one or both of the games we play against them (ok, ok, maybe not break a leg), but I really hope that he does little or nothing against whom I believe will be the 2006-07 NFL Super Bowl Champions.

2. How Colts fans responded to that last paragraph.

My folks from Indianapolis, I know you guys are thinking “Ok, this has to be the year. I mean, we’ve lost every conceivable way…this has to be the year.”

Well, you guys are wrong…

There’s still the Super Bowl loss that you guys have to endure.

Now, don’t get me wrong…I think you guys will make the Super Bowl, and truthfully, if Nick Harper had just run to the sideline, and not smack into Ben Roethlisberger, you guys might be SB champs right now…but, this isn’t the year either.

Let me explain. Now, I think Peyton will be Peyton, and I hope he is, because he’s my starting fantasy football quarterback…but losing Edgerrin James will mean something in the long run…just you guys wait and see.

3. Well, I don’t have a three yet. Dang, man, I’m trying to watch the game…

Go Panthers!

The Good Doctor

P.S. Just playing. Here are my playoff predictions…or whom I think will make the playoffs.

AFC: Miami, Indy, Baltimore, Denver as Div. Champs...New England and Pittsburgh as Wild Card teams.
NFC: Cowboys; Bears; the NFC South, NFC and Super Bowl Champion Panthers, and St. Louis as Div. Champs...Falcons and Redskins as Wild Card teams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home