Friday, September 15, 2006

On the Precipice of Greatness…

September 15, 2006; 2:42 p.m.

Listening to Hall and Oates…

And just thinking to myself that I let too much of the day slide by…

Got up at 9 a.m. to do an interview at 11 a.m. for the Standard…came back here at 12...got some clothes washed, but for the most part, feel like I could’ve done so much more…

At any rate, the past and the future feel like they’re coming together in the present, which is like the ultimate feeling of having all control and having none at all.

Anyway, the day before was, if nothing else, all about making moves…

Got a haircut, went 90 minutes upstate to visit Denzel’s school, then we went another 90 minutes to go shop and hang out, then came back an hour to hang out with family, then I went another 2 hours back to the crib.

The reason I came back? Eh, to make moves, like always…

Don’t know why I’m rambling, but I do know why I feel like I need to get up, get out and do something…

1. Because I don’t feel like I was made to sit around on this computer, or playing video games, or IMing…

I was made to move. That’s why yesterday felt so good (even though you guys didn’t get a blog). I was moving like the NYSE; thoughts rushing in and out like the change of periods at a high school. So even sitting here typing this seems infinitely less interesting, at this particular moment.

2. Because I’m tired of trying to be a hero, I want to be a legend.

For those of you taking that as a bout of cockiness, you are only partially correct (and even that partiality is waning.)

Was talking to Jig about this particular topic, and this is what I came up with:

So often, I tend to address the symptoms of the (failing) heart of the matter instead of the heart of the matter itself. For example, why address people’s addictions and shortcomings when the heart of the matter can be derived from their belief system (or lack thereof)?

Or why I aspire to writing, teaching, studying…all for the purpose of my own pleasure and quest for respect, only to fall on my face?

Therefore, the only solution is to play it like my favorite writers, David and Solomon (former Kings of Israel)…cast fear and doubt on him, and tell him the desires of my heart, and allow them to manifest themselves, with him getting the glory…and like Solomon (I Kings 3), receive things I never asked for.

So, that’s where I am.

Also, looking at AHS on the precipice…they face the No. 2-ranked team in Georgia’s Class AAAA tonight at the friendly confines.

A win, my friends, would be monumental.

He is the King of Kings, so who are the Kings (and Queens)?

You are. We are, I do believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home