Monday, September 11, 2006

The Little Intracacies of Work...

Hello everyone,

See, this is how you guys know I love sports a little too much...

I just got the biggest kick out of voting for the Class A-AAAA football teams in the State of South Carolina...I don't know...it just feels good that I have a say in determining whom I believe has the best team in the State.

As it stands, AHS is third, in my poll...Byrnes has won four straight state titles...grrrrr...and Gaffney was the last team to beat the Rebels, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, the Hornets and the Rebels won't meet in the playoffs this year; readjusting to Class and Division determined that. Oh well...

To all my South Lak folk, hope you guys enjoy...

Class AAAA
1. Byrnes
2. Gaffney
3. Aiken
4. Summerville
5. Stratford
6. Richland Northeast
7. Spartanburg
8. Conway
9. Spring Valley
10. T.L. Hanna

Class AAA
1. Clinton
2. B-HP
3. Greenville
4. Timberland
5. Myrtle Beach
6. Georgetown
7. Chester
8. S. Thurmond
9. Marlboro County
10. Greer

Class AA
1. Cheraw
2. Abbeville
3. Manning
4. Pendleton
5. B-L
6. Dillon
7. SB
8. Pelion
9. Broome
10. Barnwell

Class A
1. B-H
2. B-E
3. Carvers Bay
4. Lamar
5. Great Falls
6. Baptist Hill
7. Ware Shoals
8. Lake View
9. Timmonsville
10. Allendale-Fairfax

The Good Doctor

P.S. For you guys looking for an explanation to the Panthers' loss, I don't believe in excuses, but...

1. Dang all these injuries! (Wharton's out for the year, you know Steve Smith didn't play, and Dan Morgan knocked himself out again. Dan Morgan...is like the little kids that don't look where they're going, and they run into walls...ok ok j/k, get well Dan...)

2. Jake Delhomme pitched a bonafide fit on Sunday, and I'll let an onlooker at a South Aiken practice on Monday describe how I feel about the situation:

"Don't sit here being angry, go out there and be a leader."

Well dude, there you have it. And the reason why I'm not saying more is because teams should stand behind their starters (I'm saying this to all the Falcons fans that'll want to throw Vick off the boat midseason. Thanks guys...)

3. Play-calling. Yep, I said it. Dang it, man, you're down 13-6 with the chance to tie the game and you get a little something going in the passing game. Why not keep at it? The running game isn't working out...

Later, you're down 20-6. Ummmm...look, let's stop running the ball here...

This is what I'm saying. Charlotte doesn't have the best fans, we've seen this in the fact that we've lost our last three openers, all at home. I wish I could smack all the 20,000+ upside the head and say, "Look, we have a Super-Bowl contending team here, let's not give up on them in the first half," but I can't.

So, this is what you do. If the running game is working, throw (no pun intended) a few pass plays in there. See if that gets the fans fired up...don't just let the Falcons jam up the run, and then have the defense out there all day. No balance...just all run, or all pass...ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

(Mother says I should take Fox's job. Can't call it...but hey, no fear. Squad is 0-1, only down one in the NFC South, and the boys in the Bay looked worser (heh heh) than we did.)

Panthers fans rejoice! We started 1-2 this season and ran out of gas on the road in the NFC Championship game...we can go 2-1 this year and be on the right track. Let's all just chill...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home