Friday, September 22, 2006

Typing Something for the Folks That Need to Read It But Probably Won't

Hey guys,

Listen.

Listen really close.

If you happen to be in a professional setting with one Good Doctor, and the opportunity presents itself where you might want to address or greet him, a simple "hello" or "how you doin'" will suffice.

Not "what's up, playa" or anything of the sort.

Alas, good readers, I've had to put folks on notice at work, and it's little things like this, I sense, that force people to make statements like...

Well, the statements that are coming up in the near future.

"Nine For Ya Mind" is coming folks, and may be coming faster than expected since I saw Ms. Peachez "Fry That Chicken" last night on Youtube.

Not being prideful here, but I am demanding a little bit of respect.

You all should do the same.

The Good Doctor

P.S. Any other bloggers calling for revolution (yes, I'm talking to you), I'm not going to call it 'piggy-backing' so much as I'm going to call it a supreme collaboration (not collabo...man, I think this anger in the air is contagious!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Not 'what's up,playa',not 'what's up K-Mack', or anything of the sort."

I feel you.

But (the dreaded but....or the fabulous butt..depends on the perspective - and the # of t's).

Sometimes that friendly face is just what we need. I agree, time and place. If you're in front of a whole buncha ofays, keep it king's english.

But when you can, I say let em know that you're a brother/sister that's down. When you close the door to the office, or walk off to a more secluded area, if the guard doesn't come down a smidge, how will you ever know who's on whose side? Personally, I don't want to waste time trying to connect (on that level) w/ ofay lovers...

Moral of the story: Beware of ofays (that's the moral of all my stories!!). Also, beware - and aware - of ofay lovers. And don't necessarily knock the "what's up," just GENTLY remind them that there's a time and a place.

p.s. i love the word ofay!! I know, its not very p.c. and i of course use it tongue in cheek, so I hope none of your readers are totally offended. I love everybody...except black people.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home