Friday, August 18, 2006

Lil' Panther

Hey Mom,

First of all, I just want to say, if kid brother hurts his ankle or has
something going on with his feet because of those Michael Vick
(sacrilege...) shoes you bought him, you're going to have one mad
Panthers fan on your hands...

19.99...blah, blah, blah...

I'm just playing. I love you Mom...

The Good Doctor.

Hey everybody,

What's happenin'...told you guys D was having the best month ever...and in an attempt to clinch the award for 'best brother of the year', yours truly and the Prodigy went to...

Carolina Panthers training camp in Spartanburg, S.C.

OH YEAH. Yep, your 2006-07 NFC and Super Bowl Champion Panthers weren't even an hour away from my aunt's house, which is where I was hanging out with kid brother and mom for a couple of off days.

So yeah, I shot upstate late Tuesday, woke up Wednesday to this guy's face, who had his arms out for a hug...yeah, I obliged...

For all of you sayin' 'awwwwww' right now, excuse me for not being more sentimental. It was about 7:15 in the morning...and I got in the bed around 3 a.m. Yep, ya boy was cooked...

But I got up and told kid brother I had a surprise. Here's how the conversation went:

The Writer of this Blog: Hey man, we're going somewhere cool. You want me to tell you now or you want to find out later?
Kid Brother: *jumping up and down* I wanna know now!
T-Blog: Alright, alright. We're going to Panthers camp.
KB: Carolina Panthers camp?
T-Blog: Yep.
KB: *overly dramatic* *faints and slides off sofa*

But I got a lil' crunked up too...because, after all, it was KB. And
it was the Panthers. So we got dressed and went to the 'Burg...

Where it was really nice. Understand that Carolina's a first-class organization, and I'm not saying that because that's my squad. I'm saying it because the training camp was free, they had awesome vendors outside the facility, and you actually saw the players. (Sorry if I'm a little excited here, as you can see, it's my first time attending camp).

KB had fun too, and he got to see his favorite player, Steve Smith...also got him a football and a little Hot Wheels Carolina Panthers Escalade with a Julius Peppers trading card...real nice.

I also signed KB up for the Panthers Pal contest...basically, they take five kids from the ages of 6-13, give them a t-shirt and other goodies...but more importantly, they let you meet the players.

Yep, I said it. Meet the players...

So, they drew five names out of a huge pot...and I was thinking 'golden ticket, golden ticket...'

Not to be. Eh, it happens. Anyway, we enjoyed the rest of camp and headed back...

That was Wednesday. KB's first day of the third grade was Thursday...so, that was a heck of a way to finish up the summer, ha?

More to come...

The Good Doctor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home