Monday, August 28, 2006

Voyage to Atlantans, Part 1



Hello everyone,

Yep, KB has been to the A, as well.

Rewind to about…well, almost a month ago.

After a long Sunday at work, rather, a stretch where I worked about 9-10 consecutive days of work, I decide to pull, of all things, an all-nighter before heading down to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta.

Why, you ask?

Who knows…could’ve been the adrenaline build-up from working all those days in a row, but truthfully, just wasn’t tired, and I was kind of in anticipation for the aquatics.

Growing up, I always though life under the sea, rather, underwater was pretty cool…I guess it has a mysterious aura, yet it seems to work out so well. You have an assortment of sea anemones, crabs, whales, starfish…all of that stuff.

Anyway, we got up early…well, not I…I took a 45-minute catnap before the 2 and a half-hour trip to Atlanta, so mom, the brothers and I went to the GA.

Nice trip down, wasn’t sleepy at all…I guess I was excited to be able to go somewhere with family, and of course, to make kid bro happy.

So we got to the Aquarium, and well, it’s a really nice place, and KB is lovin’ it off the top.

Mom graduated with the Masters in Science, so she’s diggin’ it too…younger brother thinks it’s alright, and well, I did what I usually do when I go somewhere that I’ve never been before…

My mind races.

Like I said, I like the aquatic life, so I went into verse after verse of rhymes and things like that…that’s where Bubble Love was born, pretty much…

Anyway, we enjoy the aquarium exhibits…got there about 7, so we left there about 10-11...and still had all day to visit the A.

So we did what most visitors of the A do…go to Lenox to window shop, then keep it really real and spend your loot at South DeKalb in Decatur, yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzur!

South DeKalb Mall was wonderful, I mean, wonderful. Usually, I don’t go on about shawty this and shawty that, but it’s nice to go to a place and be able to feel the vibe. My mind would’ve raced about the vibe, but then the lovely patrons kept smiling as I went by…which YB had to commemorate the occasion by yellin’ ‘Cake Cake Cake’. All laughs, all laughs.

But yeah, I was loving the whole atmosphere…low prices, hospitable folks with Southern demeanors, and the smiles and styles to match.

So we head back to SC around…eh, we’ll say 4...figured I’d get back and enjoy the rest of my off day…

Riding back on I-20 Eastbound, Mom says the car is smokin’.

I’m like ‘Ma, the car can’t be smokin’, it’s a brand new car…’
Sure enough,
The car is smokin‘, ya’ll.
Yeah, so I pull over, and check things out…no big deal…figure I’ll get some oil and rectify the issue.

Then the oil light comes on.

And that my friends, is why this story needs a second part.

Ya’ll be cool,
The Good Doctor

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know you wrong for leaving us hanging like that, right?

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home