Sunday, September 24, 2006

A Little Football Talk…

(Don’t let the title discourage you…)

Hello everyone,

Wild weekend of football, both college and NFL…and I don’t have too much to say but…the Panthers finally got a win.

Can’t say it was easy though…but I can say that I’ve not been pleased with the play of our starting quarterback.

Anyway, our kicker saved us…and Steve Smith returned triumphantly.

Now, to the Monday night game…

I have mixed feelings about the contest between the Falcons and the Saints, aside from the fact that they’re both division rivals and that it’s being played at the Superdome.

Most of the thoughts are negative, though, having had to stomach all of the stories that the media’s putting out associating the rebirth of the Superdome as a ‘rebirth for the city’.

Like I’ve said on this site before, I believe sports can be used as a tool to teach us about life, but I hate when folks uses sports as a veil to cover the real issues going on in a particular situation.

I feel that this is one of those times. As much as I’m sure a lot of you would like to see Reggie Bush have a pantheon-type performance against ATL (myself not included), this game is looking like what it is…just a game.

I haven’t been down to New Orleans, but the pictures and stories that I’m hearing from friends of mine seem to contradict what certain media types want us to believe, which is that everything is ‘just fine’ in the N.O.

NO.

Upon getting finances and such straight here in the S.C., I may take a trip to see the city for myself, and see the strides that have been taken to rebuild the city…

Alas, I have digressed…

My heart says to take the Saints, and my head says to take the Falcons…so…

My prognosticating ways have been true when I follow my heart, and I’ve been saying all weekend that the Saints are going to win, yet I’m still the same hard-headed guy that believes sports should go a certain way…

Falcons 21, Saints 20.

NO.

How ‘bout I just do me for once…

Saints 28, Falcons 20.
And that’s my final answer, in the hopes that art will imitate life.

Everybody enjoy your Monday while grindin’ it out; it can only get better heading towards the weekend…

--The Good Doctor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home