Sunday, September 03, 2006

Breaking the Sunday Silence

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share with you guys a lesson that I drew up for the young ones at our Wednesday Night Bible Study at GYZ…

I initially inquired about whether I should post bible study lessons/notes on sermons, but then our Pastor did a lesson today about ‘Sin In Silence’. Once I listen to it again, I may break it down as well…but the lesson came from II Kings 7, if you’re interested.

Anyway, the lesson Wednesday was on ‘Turning Things Around’…

My friend,
I hope this is a blessing to you. Enjoy!
Me


Turning Things Around

First of all, you have to know what’s going on in order to turn things around…(James 1:8, 16; 4:8)

How do I know what’s wrong with me?
(Proverbs and Psalms)

Take a look at your life…think about the things that you are strong in and you are weak in. Then look at your relationship with Christ.

1. Do you have a relationship with Christ? (John 3:1-7, 16-17)
2. Do you talk to Him as much as you talk to your best friend? (Prov. 17:17-8, 18:24)
3. Do you talk to Him as much as you talk to your parents?
(Proverbs 1:8-9)
4. Do you talk to Him about the things you are strong and weak in?
(Proverbs 1:20-33)
No. 4 ties in with the desire to knowing the importance of turning things around.
(Proverbs 1:1-7)

Next, work toward change and pray for change.
(Philippians 4:6-7, James 2:14-20, 24)

(Change might not come when you want it, so here’s a little something that might provide patience…Phil. 4:11-3)

Once you’ve found change, share it with others…
(Mark 1:15-27, Matthew 28:18-20)

Hopefully some or all of the things said were a blessing.

Be blessed!
The Good Doctor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home