Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Voyage to Atlantans, Part 2

Hello everyone,

(Oh I know a lot of you guys were mad for leaving you hanging, but ha ha, I see you came back.
Always a pleasure to have you guys around.)

…where were we…ahhh yes.

THEN THE OIL LIGHT COMES ON.

It comes on, and I really didn’t panic that much.

I mean, if it would’ve been just me in the car, I wouldn’t have worried too much, but I had the fam, so I had to stop and check things out.

Tried to make my stop, and well…the steering wheel started to stall, and Mom was being…Mom.

Now, if Mom’s ever around when I tell this story, and she says she was under control…she is telling a story.

“I told you that your car was smoking…and so on and so forth.”

For what it’s worth, though, she was aiight…everybody was real cool, because I convinced everyone that I had the situation in control.

Fortunately for us, we pulled off on the Stonecrest Mall exit, and there was plenty of stores around for the rest of the fam to go to while I took care of biz.

Understand now, it’s July. Hotter than July, if there are any Stevie Wonder fans out there. Anyway, Target was about a block, so I footed it in that direction while Mom and the gang went shopping.

I figured the only problem was that the oil was low, so I went to buy some Castrol GTX to put in the car, and get on my way.

On the way back from Target, I’m feelin’ real good about myself…feeling like a breadwinner, the son that made good on everything the ol’ man taught in.

I pour the oil in, and I’m like ‘awwwww yeah, we finna go home’…

And the oil is coming out from the bottom…all over the tires and everything.

I’m sunk, and eventually what happens is that Mom comes back, gets a number and calls Kia Roadside Assistance for my brand-spanking new 2005 Kia Spectra.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh…

But let’s look a little deeper into that engine…

Now, all of this was especially surprising to me, since I got an oil change exactly seven days ago from my local Kia dealership, Kia of Augusta (that’s right, I’m telling you right now never go there. Ever.)

Turns out the guy that changed my oil filter and all forgot to cap the filter, so guess what?

And the oil is coming out from the bottom…all over the tires and everything.

So, I was kind of hot, but not as hot as the asphalt or the engine, and I’m kind of fortunate that I’m still driving that Kia, for what it’s worth.

Anyway, the verdict is that we have to get the Black Sheep (name of the car now) towed. So…Mom and the gang go shopping while I wait with the car.

Tow guy gets there after about 45 minutes, and it turns out the closest Kia is about 45 minutes away, so here I go with this tow truck guy…

Named Andre. Cool enough guy, but the truck he’s driving is kind of busted…and it stalls a little bit at first…

And then it stalls a lot. And then…all of a sudden…

The truck halts.

And that, my friends, is why Voyage to Atlantans is a trilogy (don’t be too mad, I’m posting tomorrow!)

The Good Doctor

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better than the Hallmark movie of the week.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Shug said...

Boo!!!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K, i'm telling you... If it ain't one thing it's another...

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home